Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Aspiring Writers’ Forum (AWF):
10. You only get called a “plebe” your first year. (Douglas Thompson)
9. Random outbursts of funny lines like “That is a lie from the pit of hell!” (Darlene)
8. Usually I’m a bit relieved when a group I’m in takes a break over the summer. With AWF, I’m just sad. I’m pretty sure that’s a sign that something good is happening there.
7. How Pastor Brian Benson comes in to observe our group right when we are reading some complicated article about dangling prepositions or something, and he thinks we are a bunch of nerds.
6. Maybe we are a bunch of nerds, but I would rather be a nerd with you guys then a cool person somewhere else.
5. It keeps me on my toes to have to watch for flying pens (Douglas Thompson, again). (Gosh, it’s a wonder I ever came back.)
4. EVERYONE has a story. Our group is living proof of that.
3. This group is the best small group I have ever been a part of, and there have been more than a few. Something happens when we share our hearts from our journals and there is almost immediate transparency and trust. I have NEVER felt afraid, self-conscious, or judged there.
2. I didn’t realize I had a “voice” until I started writing there. It’s taken a while, but I’m even learning to like my voice.
1. Laughter, tears, laughter through tears. Powerful words. Open, honest, vulnerable hearts. Grace.
Credit: Liz Lien © 2018